199 Elm St., New Canaan, CT 06840.
(203) 594-9884. Built between 1949 and 1995 by architect Philip Johnson, The Glass House is a National Trust Historic Site. The pastoral 49-acre landscape comprises fourteen structures, including the Glass House (1949), and features a permanent collection of 20th-century paintings and sculptures, along with temporary exhibitions and public programs. The tour season runs from May to November and advance reservations are required.